The research study aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To ascertain how drug court interventions affect those with a history of drug abuse-related offences’ ability to successfully rehabilitate and recover.
- Analyze how well drug court programmes work over the long run to lower participant recidivism and repeat offence rates.
- To evaluate how different elements of drug court systems, like treatment plans, supervision from judges, and counselling, help successfully reintegrate offenders back into society.
- To identify the challenges and limitations faced by drug courts in achieving their objectives, including barriers to effective treatment and rehabilitation for individuals with substance use disorders.
- To provide evidence-based recommendations for the refinement and enhancement of drug court strategies and programs, with the aim of improving their overall effectiveness in reducing recidivism and promoting sustainable rehabilitation outcomes for individuals with substance abuse issues.