This project is designed to develop a model village on WASH (Water, Hygiene sanitation) through awareness creation, construction of household toilets, garbage management, construction of rainwater harvesting structures. The target groups of this project are women, adolescent girls, widows, destitute, marginalized, youth, and disabled with priorities like empowerment of women and marginalized Rural based skills for sustainable development, Rural Sanitation, Microfinance, and management, and many more. The objective of the project includes making the people understand the importance of a clean and sanitized environment through awareness creation, sensitizing the community on the water usage and rainwater harvest, and motivating the women, youth, children, and the community in acquiring immunity from waterborne and open defecation systems through using latrines, developing school and kitchen gardens, good maintenance of water pumps, pipelines, etc. Hope this project proposal will help you to design your project proposal on the related subject.
Origin and Brief History Of Organization
xxxxxx is an initiative of youth from marginalized communities with good academic background. They had resolved to work for their village development on the given principles of GANDHI-the father of Nation. The exposures and the guidance of then potential elders facilitated them to for an activist group to work for rural education and development. They had selected the neglected parts of xxxxxx district at the bank of river xxxxxx, a perennial river. The rich area is facilitating for the food security of the district and state but being disturbed due to communal conflicts and disharmony. The vested interested political and muscle powered people are dominating the systems and local bodies and they were perpetuating violence to establish their supremacy. The women are mostly neglected and relegated on the society as well the youth are lacking guidance and alternate skills to overcome their immediate problems and sustained. All these factors and the degrading environmental situations mobilized to become a collective and formed this organization. This organization had got its legal identity and also registered with Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India under foreign contributions regulations act as well registered with the Department of Income Tax and obtained PAN number.
Women, adolescent girls, widows, destitute, marginalized, youth and disabled
Priorities of the Project
- Empowerment of women and marginalized
- Rural based skills for sustainable development
- Promotion of Organic way of agriculture
- Rural Sanitation
- Micro finance and management
- Livelihood promotion and research on alternate livelihood initiatives
- Child right conservation and advocacy
- Networking and team working
- Rural development awareness programme
- Non Formal Education
- Any religious or political affiliation
We are not a religious or political organization and having no political affiliation. We are associating with other groups like church based organizations.
Part A: Applicant/Application Details
- Name of the applicant: xxxxxxx
- Title of the Proposal:Proposal to improve Sanitization and Hygiene Situation in Rural Areas
- Aim of the Proposal: To develop a model village on WASH (Water, Hygiene sanitation) through awareness creation, construction of house hold toilets, garbage management, construction of rain water harvesting structures, eradicate open defecation in the targeted village named xxxxxx.
Part B: Consideration for Eligibility
XXXXX has gained immense knowledge and relevant experience in high lighting social causes and has undertaken interventions for the empowerment of the vulnerable, marginalized section of the society namely women, widows, disabled, children etc. XXXXX has done it’s might in the field of non-formal education also. The xxxx which XXXXX has undertaken in xxxxxdistrict has helped in attaining the required technical knowledge also.
Part C: Project Components and Process Systems
- Awareness creation meeting on preservation of personal hygiene, water management and sanitation through house hold toilets in every individual house, balwadi and school
- Motivation of the beneficiaries in direct participation in the actual program.
- Trainings on Water and Sanitation to NGO Staff
- Trainings to CBOs, Community and School Children on Water and Sanitation
- Trainings on repairing and maintenance of water supply gadgets
- Procurement of construction materials, garbage bins, seeds and seedlings etc. and other materials for construction of toilets, promotion of rain water harvesting, kitchen, school and community gardens.
Part D: Internal Auditing
Internal auditing done by the project Accountant under the supervision of the project Director. Weekly account statements are verified with the reports of the Project Coordinator and Community Organizers, Engineer etc. in the weekly review meetings.
The service of the Chartered Accountant’s assistance is utilized for the internal auditing of the project account as and when necessary/ at regular intervals.
Objectives of the Proposal
- To make the people to understand the importance of clean and sanitized environment through awareness creation
- To sensitize the community on the water usage and rain water harvest, importance of house hold and school toilets and the ill effects of open defecation system
- To motivate the community in participating in the construction of the house hold toilets, school toilets with water facility, water preservation, waste water management.
- To motivate the women, youth, children and the community in acquiring immunity from water borne and open defecation systems through using latrines, developing school and kitchen gardens, good maintenance of water pumps, pipe lines etc
- To make the people to understand the participatory approach in water, sanitation and hygiene.
- To plant saplings in the streets, backyards and other community lands to make the hamlets eco and environment friendly.
Details of Village Survey
Among the total houses 668, 447 houses have no toilets facilities. The XXXXX foundation has sanctioned 200 house hold latrines to this village.
- Cleaning the entire village with people participation.
- Creating awareness among the community about the importance of personal hygiene, water management and sanitation to avoid health disorders through sensitization meeting
- Training the, the CBOs, the Community, and the School Children on water and Sanitation and training the volunteers on repairing and maintenance of water supply gadgets.
- Construction of community toilets, rain water harvesting structures drainage facilities and renovation of water resources
- educating the school students on health education through the services of Community teachers
- providing training to village youth, self Help groups, public meetings in repairing and maintenance of water supply gadgets
- Planting saplings in the streets, backyards, schools and community lands to preserve the eco and environment friendliness
- facilitating the conversion of garbage into manure
- Formation of Village Development Committee and hand over the responsibilities pertaining to water, sanitation, and Health.
Activity Plan with Timeline:
Logical Frame Work:
- Records of awareness meeting, beneficiaries list.
- Training records and interaction with the community
- Regular meetings with the community and the meetings records about the progress.
- NGO staff and LUCAS – TVS farm staff monthly meetings with the community
- Reports of the records with supporting documents monthly, quarterly and on completion of the work will be submitted to LUCAS – TVS as per instructions.
XXXXX has trained social audit professionals. The trained professionals will conduct the audit and outcome of the process with the community stake holders.